WRCS Engineering Services
While surface water hydrology and hydraulics (H&H) are our only
fields of practice, our diversity within these fields is unmatched.
WRCS has project experience ranging from dam and channel design to the
complex modeling of two-dimensional, time variant hydraulic systems.
We have performed H&H environmental impact analyses, redefined
FEMA floodplains and developed hydrologic and hydraulic design
standards and for municipalities.
Dam-Break Model and
Here are some of the types of
Engineering Design Projects and H&H Investigations WRCS engages
- Hydrologic rainfall/runoff watershed simulations,
including the derivation of various frequency pre- and
post-project flood hydrographs.
- Floodplain analyses and mapping, and
preparation of FEMA requests for Letters of Map Revision (LOMR's
- Design of channel stabilization measures,
including linings, riprap and energy dissipation structures for
- Design of dams, channels, retention and sedimentation
basins, culverts and bridge crossings with detailed
analysis of inlets, outlets and hydraulic structures.
- Hydraulic evaluation of wetlands and estuaries
and development of mitigative measures for projects, such as
incorporation of wetlands into flood control systems.
- Analysis of Municipal Storm Drain Systems,
including design performance and evaluation of operation and
- Establishment of meteorologic and stream gaging stations
and statistical evaluation of data for water supply yield and
hydrologic flow regime determinations
Please see our Representative Projects
listing for specific examples of past WRCS Projects.